Zumba for Weight Loss: Is It Effective?Published On By zelenskyy
Nowadays, Zumba is the most trendy form of exercise to lose weight. Despite the trend, Zumba works for weight loss. We have to do more tasks to find out about the reality with a deeper inspection. Zumba is not a typical dance that we get to see in the entertainment business. It is designed in such a way that your body tends to move in certain directions. This involves lots of stretching, and bending and fills up the cardio exercise portion as well. In addition, Zumba is known as an effective means of exercise in the weight loss journey. However, you will burn calories in Zumba class. Yet you have to be very careful with what count of calories you are eating regularly. Physical health and eating habits are the root cause of any result of the body. It can be positive or negative. All that depends on how you have built them. Now let’s explore more here in this article.
Diet structure with Zumba for weight loss
None of the forms of exercise benefits your body unless you have taken the right proportion of diet with it. Similarly, doing Zumba requires you to eat with certain limitations. Furthermore, Zumba indirectly makes your body do cardiovascular exercise.
Now to have the best result with your Zumba, you must eat the right balanced diet.
- You need to have a plate consisting of whole grains regularly. It can be quinoa, brown rice, or oats.
- The other note to take is not to consume empty carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, and cookies.
- Lots of lean protein intake is a must. Chicken, fish, egg whites, and tofu are the best options out there. You can consume as per your preference in the veg or non-veg category.
- Include more fruits and vegetables with every meal.
- Plan your eating schedule after every three hours. This makes you regain energy at every interval.
- You can eat snacks but they should be specifically healthy ones. Some of the healthy snack options are nuts, string cheese, protein bars, and makhana. All of these will make you feel energised without adding many calories to your body.
- Lastly, with a regular following of the right diet plan and exercise. You will end up losing one to two pounds per week.
- Therefore, you must plan your first accordingly. You can also go to a dietitian for a better evaluation diet plan.
Calories track of Zumba for weight loss:
Zumba classes are meant for burning those extra calories in your body. Having said that along with the right diet plan. Your weight loss goal must also include calorie tracking. Now let’s just analyse a calorie track for 1 hour of Zumba class. There is a study done in the year 2012 which includes females around the age group of 18-22. The result was 9.5 calories burned per minute in a 39-minute Zumba class. In addition, compared to other forms of exercise at the same time, it does not allow you to burn the same calorie ratio.
Moreover, there are certain considerations for these scenarios. When you Zumba your calorie track depends on age, weight, physical fitness level, genetics and intensity while working out. So if you want faster calorie burn in your Zumba class. You can work for any of the factors mentioned above. Like you can increase your workout intensity to help more in Zumba for weight loss. Keeping a heart rate monitor while doing Zumba makes you aware of your heart rate.
One can also opt for HIIT-High intensity interval training. This is a different form of Zumba class. It focuses largely on burning more calories within a short class of Zumba.
Although, we are focusing more on reducing calories. However, there are certain calories needed in our bodies. They are beneficial in providing energy within a healthy boundary of vitamins and nutrients.
Note: The healthy calories rate required in women’s bodies is approx 1,200 calories each day. Also, the healthy calorie rate is approx 1,500 calories per day. Try to gain the normal rate in case you burn larger amounts of calories while doing Zumba.
How many times in a month should you do Zumba for healthy weight loss?
You should be analysing the need for Zumba class as per your monthly weight loss goal. The other consideration factors are your health and dedication. As per the American Council statements, you must do three Zumba sessions weekly. Which multiples to 12 sessions in a month. Your weekly calories burning rate should be around 300 to 400 calories per Zumba session.
In addition, you can adapt to more forms of exercise along with Zumba. Try swimming, power walking, and jogging. This will make your overall body result improve. Plus on Zumba days off you can perform strength training to tone your body better. Once you have started with Zumba, you must keep striving each day for better results for weight loss.
Advantages of Zumba
Zumba is more of a dance than an exercise. Most people love doing Zumba despite it being a kind of workout exercise only. The other workouts make you miss the session.
Zumba somewhere strikes the balance of dancing and exercising in it perfectly. Now let’s see the more advantages of Zumba:
- Makes your more flexible
- Strengthen the whole body and smooth midsection movements
- Heart health can be improved with aerobic exercise
- Helps in dance movements coordination
- Relieves your mood
- Energizes your body
- Releases stress
- A great alternative to tuff workout sessions
- Burns calories
- Blood pressure rate is improved
- Whole body workout
- Easily adaptable
Now that we have seen the detailed information on Zumba for weight loss. One can conveniently adapt their body for doing Zumba sessions. It gives a signal for a fun workout session rather than those strict high-intensity workouts. You will surely lose weight as per your goal with the help of Zumba classes. So who are you waiting for? Start dancing your body will automatically shed those added calories.