In the News
You can read key media coverage on the Sustainable Food Trade Association below. Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/sustyfoodtrade) for up to the minute news on Sustainable Food Trade Association, our members’ sustainability activities, organic issues and sustainable business.
- ASBC Endorses the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act as Good for the Economy, ASBC Council, February 11, 2020
- Introducing VERGE Food, Green Biz, February 3, 2020
- Tackling Food Waste – Good for the Planet and Good for the Bottom Line, Organic Produce Network, August 1, 2019
- Sustainable Food Trade Names New Executive Director, New Hope Network, July 24, 2019
- Third Education Session for OPS 2019 Announced, Organic Produce Network, March 21, 2019
- Organic food industry trade group chief steps down, Sustainable Food News, February 20, 2019
- Q&A: How Annie’s Is Working to Cultivate ‘Organic for Everybunny’, Sustainable Brands, February 8, 2019
- U.S. sustainable food trade group’s members post 3% organic sales gain, Sustainable Food News, September 26, 2018
- Back to the Future: Will the Tribe Move Us Forward? by Melody Meyer Organic Matters, August 2, 2018
- U.S. organic food trade group marks major milestone, Sustainable Food News, July 10, 2018
- Healthy Soils are All the Rage by Katherine DiMatteo, Provender e-Journal, June 13, 2018
- U.S. healthcare needs a revamp, says CWA panelists, CU Independent News, April 18, 2018
- Organic Valley sustainability chief to lead food trade group’s board, Sustainable Food News, March 20, 2018
- Measuring Sustainability, Organic & Wellness News, Winter 2017
- Sustainable food group releases report, Sustainable Food News, September 19, 2017
- The Community Food Co-op Sustainability Program Shows Big Impact, WhatcomTalk, April 2017
- Climate Day inspires at Expo West – New Hope Network, March 31, 2017
- New Hope Network Hall of Legends 2017 Honorees – SFTA Executive Director, Katherine DiMatteo inducted during ceremony. New Hope Network, March 11, 2017
- Make Climate Change: The Climate Collaborative Has an Audacious Plan to Reverse Climate Change — And It Involves You, Natural Foods Merchandiser, March-April 2017
- U.S. Organic Food Industry Trade Group to Launch Climate Change Project, Sustainable Food News, February 10, 2017
- Looking for Opportunities, Provender Journal, Winter 2016
- 75% of US sustainable food group’s 2015 sales were organic, Sustainable Food News, September 19, 2016
- Packaging – Innovation Abounds, Provender Journal, Autumn 2016
- Taking Action on Climate Change, Provender Journal, Summer 2016
- U.S. organic food industry trade group opens up membership ranks: Sustainable Food Trade Association also makes changes to sustainability reporting requirements, Sustainable Food News,
March 24, 2016
- Organic Agriculture’s Contribution to Sustainability, Provender Journal, Spring 2016
- Beyond Organic – Strong commitment to sustainability through SFTA, Organic Wellness News,
- Score Sustainability for your Company and Supply Chain, Provender Journal, Winter 2015
- SFTA and B Lab Offer Sustainability Impact Tool for Organic Companies, prweb.com, September 9, 2015
- New sustainability impact tool aimed at organic companies, Sustainable Food News, September 9, 2015
- SFTA and B Lab Offer Free Sustainability Assessment Tool for Organic Companies, Provender Journal, Autumn 2015
- Sustainable Practices in the Food Chain, Cooperative Grocer Network, May 2015
- Companies Redefining Sustainability for Long Term Success, Organic Matters, May 27, 2015
- Organic Food Companies & Sustainability: SFTA, The Gourmet Retailer, May 26, 2015
- Organic food industry trade group boosts organic purchases 25%, Sustainable Food News, May 20, 2015
- Influential and Inspirational Women in Sustainability, Green Living Magazine, May 2015
- Sustainability generates substantial cost savings for Stonyfield Farm, Food Navigator-USA, April 27, 2015
- MOM’s Organic Market’s sustainable mission drives business, Food Navigator-USA, April 17, 2015
- Is There a Positive Outlook for Climate Change?, Provender Journal, Spring 2015
- Green Business Procedures Can Save More in the Long Run, Advocates Say, Food Navigator-USA.com, February 24, 2015
- Climate Change, You, and an SFTA Campaign – Get Involved!, Provender Journal, Winter 2014
- Companies realizing that sustainability issues are here to stay, Phys.org, September 15, 2014
- Company Maximizes Sustainability Practices, The Times Tigard – Tualatin, August 28, 2014
- 11 Companies Making a Green Difference, Organic Matters, May 6, 2014
- Organic Food Firms Target Sustainable Supply Chains, Sustainable Food News, April 23, 2014
- Organic Foods Companies Greening Supply Chains, New Hope 360, April 22, 2014
- Sustainable Food Trade Association Members “Greening” the Supply Chain, Grocery Headquarters, April 22, 2014
- Walking the Talk, Provender Journal, Spring 2014
- SFTA Releases First Annual Sustainability Report, Grocery Headquarters, March 4, 2013
- Food Producers’ Waste Diversion up 18%, Sustainable Business Oregon, March 4, 2013
- Proudly Supporting the Sustainable Food Trade Association, Just Means, March 4, 2013
- Organic Food Companies Adapting Range of Sustainability, Food Product Design, March 1, 2013
- New Sustainability Metrics for the Organic Industry, Organic Processing Magazine, March/April 2012.
- Organic Industry Honors Brands With Responsible Packaging Awards and Works Together to Create More Sustainable Solutions, Organic Processing Magazine, May/June 2011.
- Growing a More Sustainable Food Trade, Organically (PDF), California Certified Organic Farmers Magazine, Spring 2011.
- Responsible Packaging: Organic Industry Collaboration Leads the Way, Organic Processing Magazine, March/April 2011.
- Our Path to Sustainability: Nature’s Path’s Journey to Take Its Promise to the Planet Beyond Ground Level, Organic Processing Magazine. September/October 2010. (By Jyoti Stephens of Sustainable Food Trade Association member Nature’s Path, discussing their use of Sustainable Food Trade Association’s sustainability management and measurement framework.)
- Steps to Sustainability: It Takes Vision, Cooperative Grocer, 6/2010. (By Annie Hoy of Sustainable Food Trade Association member Ashland Food Cooperative, discussing their use of Sustainable Food Trade Association’s sustainability management and measurement framework.)
- Waste Not (PDF), Supermarket News, 1/2010
- Finding Real Green (PDF), In Good Tilth, 10/2009.
- Industry Group Looks Past Organic, Sustainable Industries Journal, 8/2008.
- Food Trade Sustainability Leadership Association Created, Natural Products Marketplace Insider, 8/2008.
- Organic leaders create Food Trade Sustainability Leadership Association, Portland Business Journal, 8/2008.
- Food Industry Puts Green Initiatives on the Menu, GreenBiz, 8/2008.