Our mission is to build the capacity of the organic food trade to transition to sustainable business models. SFTA serves as a hub for businesses to learn, improve performance, communicate results, share common metrics and best practices. Thus, defining and driving excellence in environmentally sound, socially just business practices using a systems-based approach.
Sustainable Food Trade Association membership provides companies with support and resources to integrate sustainability knowledge and practices in their operations. These efforts help members achieve their sustainability goals and differentiate their business.
SFTA offers two kinds of services tailored to your needs – consulting and in-office sustainability trainings. Look towards SFTA for additional help with your sustainability programs!
- SFTA Elects New Board, Executive Committee
The SFTA Board elected Jason Boyce as new board president February 4. The board also elected Jim Pierce, Vice President; Bri Saseen, Treasurer; and Peter Golbitz, Secretary. Rounding out the executive team are Jonathan Reinbold and Hansel New.
Hannah La Luzerne, Kelly Hoell, Michelle Suess, and Tessa Young will join Britt Lundgren, Diana Chapman, Natalie Reitman-White, and Shauna Sadowski to complete the 14-member SFTA Board of Directors. (See press release and board list.)
- SFTA Annual Report Hot Off the Press Check out SFTA’s new annual report and infographic documenting all the exciting initiatives we undertook in 2014, and including tips of our 2015 plans!
- Meet Us at Natural Products Expo West SFTA will be busy at Expo West in Anaheim, CA March 4-8 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Fresh Ideas Tent. Stop by booth 45 in the Fresh Ideas Tent Thursday, March 5!
SFTA Presentations March 5 and 7. SFTA Executive Director Katherine DiMatteo is presenting on two panels:
- “Organic Series: Integrating Sustainability into Organic Supply Chains,” Thursday, March 5 from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- “Women in Leadership Series: Challenges and Successes, and the Future for Women Sustainability Leaders” Saturday, March 7 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.