The Sustainable Food Trade Association is a non-profit trade association that engages with the organic food trade and farms to define and drive excellence in environmentally sound, socially just business practices using a systems-based approach.
Sustainable Food Trade Association Membership provides companies with support and resources to integrate sustainability knowledge and practices in their operations. These efforts help members differentiate their business and communicate practices with impact and integrity.
SFTA relies on our sponsors’ support to help us go above and beyond our budgeted goals. Your sponsorship provides increased support for vital projects while raising the visibility of your sustainability leadership.
- October SFTA Webinar: “Challenges, Opportunities, and Innovations of Sustainable Packaging.” Join SFTA at 10 AM PDT on Friday, October 24th, to learn how “sustainable packaging” is defined, what common trade-offs exist, and how Life Cycle Analysis can help analyze packaging impact. Speakers include packaging experts from EarthShift, OSC2, and the Sustainable Packaging Coalition. Free for members, $15 for non-members. Click here for more info.
- Education Director Lisa Spicka will be moderating or speaking at two conferences in October:
- Provender Alliance conference October 2 in Hood River, OR. She will moderate “Beefing Up the Basics: Sustainability Resources, Certifications, and Reporting,” and
- GoGreen Portland October 16. She will speak on the “Closing the Waste Loop: Top Trends in Diversion Strategies,” focusing on zero waste production.
- Executive Director Katherine DiMatteo will be discussing “Making Organic Mean Sustainable” and “The Roadmap to Sustainability” at the 18th IFOAM Organic World Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, October 13-15.