Home workouts help in weight loss by increasing your metabolism. The best workouts build strength, target the required muscles, and accelerate fat burning.
While your busy schedule may not allow you to hit the gym daily, you can try adopting a healthier diet routine and practicing these five energizing exercises from home.
Without the need for any complex gym equipment, here are five home workouts that may be helpful in your weight loss journey.
Top 5 Best Home Exercises Without Weights To Lose Fat
To lose weight effectively, you must incorporate exercises to raise your heart rate and build strength. Mountain climbers, burpees with push-ups, knee tuck jumps, lunges, and plank jacks could help achieve weight loss. These exercises target multiple muscle groups and help to burn calories efficiently.
Mountain climbers is a dynamic exercise that can target your abs and glutes, making it an excellent choice for aiming to lose weight and tone the body.
Here are four reasons why mountain climbers should be a staple in your home workout routine:
- Efficient calorie burner: Mountain climbers engage your entire body, elevating your heart rate and boosting calorie burn. With each repetition, you’re working your abs and glutes and targeting your quadriceps and hamstrings.
- Cardiovascular endurance: By incorporating mountain climbers into your workout, you’ll improve your cardiovascular fitness. The continuous movement exercises your heart and lungs, helping to build stamina over time.
- Core strength builder: Pulling each knee towards your chest, you engage your abdominal muscles, strengthening them with every rep. A strong core is essential for stability and proper posture during other exercises.
- Time-saving exercise: Mountain climbers can be performed anywhere without any equipment required. They involve a full-body workout that engages multiple muscle groups simultaneously, making them a time-efficient option for those with busy schedules.
Burpees with push-ups
Burpees with push-ups is a challenging cardiovascular workout that can help burn calories and build strength. This exercise targets the chest, shoulders, abs, glutes, and quadriceps.
To perform one repetition of a burpee with push-ups:
- Stand straight and squat down to place your hands on the floor outside of your feet.
- Jump your feet back and land with straight legs in a push-up position.
- Bend your elbows to lower your body to the floor for a proper push-up. Once you’ve completed the push-up, press your palms into the ground to lift your body back up.
- Shift your body weight to your hands and jump your feet into a squat position.
- Explode up into a jump and land on your feet as softly as possible.
Remember to keep your neck in line with your spine throughout the exercise and complete each movement as quietly as possible for maximum control and efficiency.
Knee tuck jump
This plyometric exercise is a fantastic addition to any home workout routine aimed at weight loss. It strengthens your calves, glutes, hip flexors, and abdominals with each leap. With knee tuck jumps, we burn calories and build strength.
- As you jump and tuck both knees in, your calves work to propel you off the ground.
- Your glutes engage to provide power and stability during the movement.
- Hip flexors play a vital role in lifting your legs toward your chest while maintaining balance.
- Abdominals contract as you bring your knees up, helping you maintain control and proper form.
Lunges are a multi-joint exercise that can strengthen and tone your glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps while also burning calories. To perform lunges:
- Stand in a split position with the right foot a few feet in front of the left foot.
- Step your leg forward while you bend your knee and drop your hips until the back knee is a few inches from the floor.
- Return to the starting position by pushing from your front foot.
Maintaining proper form throughout this movement is essential by keeping the front knee directly above the ankle and not letting it extend further than your toes. It ensures you engage the correct muscles and avoid unnecessary joint strain.
Lunges can build strength in the lower body and improve balance and stability. Lunges can also be easily modified or intensified depending on individual fitness levels. For example, holding dumbbells or adding a jump between lunges can increase the intensity of the exercise.
You can engage your core and challenge your muscles with the dynamic movement of plank jacks as they work on toning and strengthening your obliques, shoulders, glutes, and triceps.
Plank jacks can be an excellent exercise for incorporating cardio into your workout routine.
To perform a plank jack:
- Start in a plank position with your hands directly underneath your shoulders and legs straight behind you.
- Keep your core engaged as you jump your feet wide apart like scissors.
- Then, jump them back together to return to the starting position.
Maintaining proper form is essential during plank jacks. Keep a long neck with your shoulders back away from the ears to avoid sinking into them. Keeping your hips still and maintaining a straight line from head to toe is necessary throughout the exercise. Doing so will maximize the targeted muscles’ activation and minimize strain on other areas.
Fat-burning full-body routine
This full-body workout can maximize calorie burn and help you with your weight loss goals. It incorporates a combination of high-intensity exercises that will challenge your muscles and get your heart rate up.
- The routine starts with 30 mountain climbers.
- Follow with 10 burpees with push-ups.
- Then move on to 30 seconds of knee tuck jumps.
- Perform 10 lunges on each leg.
- Finish off the routine with 10 plank jacks.
Remember to complete three rounds of this circuit as fast as possible while maintaining proper form for maximum effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How many calories can you burn with home workouts?
On average, 30 minutes of home workouts can burn 400-450 calories. Mountain climbers, burpees with push-ups, knee tuck jumps, lunges, and plank jacks are all effective weight-loss exercises.
- Can home exercises be modified for beginners or those with physical limitations?
Yes, home exercises can be modified for beginners or those with physical limitations. Listening to your body and starting at a comfortable intensity is essential. Seek professional guidance if needed.
- How often should home workouts be performed for optimal weight loss results?
You need to perform home workouts consistently to achieve optimal weight loss results. It would help to incorporate them into your weekly routine, aiming for at least 3 to 4 sessions. Consistency is critical to unlocking the freedom of a healthier, fitter body.
- Are there any specific tips for maintaining proper form during exercises?
Maintaining proper form during exercises is crucial for optimal results. Focus on properly engaging the correct muscles, keeping your body aligned, and breathing. Practice with a mirror or seek guidance from a fitness professional if needed.
- Can home workouts be done without any equipment?
Yes, home workouts can be done without any equipment. It can be convenient and be performed anywhere, regardless of fitness level. However, you must work out cautiously and avoid over-exerting in the initial days.
Home workouts can be adopted easily into your routine because these are simple movements that do not involve complex equipment.
They can help you burn calories from the confines of your home and improve your mood and metabolism.
However, you must be consistent and practice the proper forms and techniques for each one of them to target the intended muscles. It is advisable to follow a routine that suits your body and seek guidance from a fitness professional.
Rachel has been a freelance medical writer for more than 18 years. She graduated from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville in 2005 and is currently practicing as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at a Level I trauma center.