Andarine is an oral selective androgen receptive modulator (SARM), a new class of research drugs intended to help prevent muscle wastage and increase bone density by targeting specific receptors in your muscle and bone tissues.
It claims to mimic the effects of testosterone but with limited side effects. However, it is not approved by the FDA and is banned in professional sports by the WADA and NCAA.
It is known to cause several health problems, like liver damage, testicular shrinkage, and an increased risk of heart attacks.
While Andarine promises to support shedding unwanted pounds and building lean muscle, it does so at the cost of your health. This Andarine review discusses the benefits, side effects, and safer alternatives to Andarine.
What Is Andarine?
Andarine comes under the category of Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM), which aims to promote weight loss by targeting specific receptors in the body. It was made to prevent muscle wasting, which comes with aging and some severe health conditions. It is an investigational drug used for research purposes only.
Here are four critical points about Andarine:
- Fat Loss: Andarine may have strong anabolic effects on the body, which could encourage fat loss. It may help reduce excess fat and improve overall body composition by promoting the burning of stored fat for energy.
- Muscle Preservation: Andarine also claims to prevent muscle wasting. It might help preserve lean muscle mass while reducing body fat, resulting in a more refined physique.
- Athletic Performance: Andarine may enhance athletic performance. It could potentially boost athletic abilities by increasing strength and endurance levels.
- Bone Growth: Andarine claims to aid in bone growth as well. It could contribute to a more cut-and-dry appearance while supporting overall bone health.
How Does Andarine Work?
Andarine, like Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs), aims to bind to selective androgen receptors in the body. This binding triggers anabolic reactions, potentially leading to fat loss, muscle gain, and improved athletic performance.
To help you better understand the mechanism of action, let’s take this table:
|1||Andarine binds to androgen receptors||Stimulates anabolic reactions|
|2||Anabolic reactions occur||Promotes fat loss|
|3||Muscle growth is stimulated||Aids in improved athletic performance|
However, it is essential to note that consuming SARMs like Andarine is illegal due to their classification as unapproved drugs by regulatory agencies such as the FDA. Moreover, no substantial evidence supports the claims regarding its effects on preventing fat loss or muscle wasting.
Why Did I Choose Andarine S4?
I was in my thirties and wanted to improve my health and lose weight. My doctor recommended losing weight and gaining lean muscle mass to support my well-being.
I struggled to see significant results despite following a strict diet plan and joining a gym.
After discussing my concerns with my trainer, he suggested Andarine as an additional push for weight loss.
He mentioned that it could potentially aid in preserving lean muscle mass while increasing fat loss.
I decided to try Andarine because I was eager to accelerate my progress and achieve the desired results. With the hope of shedding those extra pounds and building stronger muscles, I believed Andarine could be the solution.
Andarine is banned for human use as there have not been enough studies regarding its safety and usage in humans. The WADA and NCAA forbade it in professional sports due to its unfair performance-enhancing capabilities. Moreover, the FDA disapproves its sale and use as an SARM. It is known to cause severe health problems like liver injury, infertility, psychosis, and heart attack in the long run. Still, it may be found to be included in some supplements, and people resort to obtaining it illegally through black market chains.
There is no reliable information available on the safe dosage of Andarine.
My Consumption Results With Andarine
After following the recommended dosage of Andarine, I eagerly awaited the results. Unfortunately, my experience with Andarine was far from what I had hoped.
Initially, I didn’t notice any changes in my body composition or weight. Instead, I found myself feeling constantly tired and worn out. Despite these setbacks, my trainer encouraged me to be patient and continue using Andarine.
However, as time passed, I failed to see any improvements in my physique or performance at the gym and started experiencing several concerning side effects.
These included sudden hair loss and patchy baldness, restless nights with difficulty getting proper sleep, persistent fatigue throughout the day, low energy levels that affected my workouts, and even visual issues at night, such as seeing yellow tints.
Realizing that these adverse effects outweighed any potential benefits that Andarine might offer me regarding weight loss or muscle gain, I decided to stop using it altogether. It became clear that Andarine was not worth the risk or the toll it took on my overall well-being.
Possible Side Effects Of Using Andarine
FDA warns against the use of SARMs as they are unapproved drugs. Andarine might lead to health problems like liver damage, heart failure, testicular shrinkage, and infertility in the long run. However, the milder side effects are described below.
Sudden Hair Loss
Andarine can lead to sudden hair loss in users. As it mimics the functionalities of testosterone, when used recklessly, Andarine can result in hair fall. It can have a significant impact on your appearance and confidence.
You can try temporary solutions like wearing hats, wigs, or hair lotions. However, these are just temporary solutions that do not address the root cause of the problem.
Andarine usage can interfere with a good night’s sleep, leaving you frustrated and drained. Here are a few reasons why restless nights are one of the adverse effects of Andarine :
- Disrupted Sleep Patterns: Andarine can disrupt your natural sleep cycles, which makes it difficult to fall asleep peacefully and stay asleep through the night.
- Increased Anxiety: The use of Andarine heightens anxiety levels. Your mind could race with thoughts and worries, further contributing to restlessness.
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS): This condition makes your legs feel uncomfortable and compels you to move your legs constantly at night.
- Vivid Dreams: Another contributing factor could be increased vivid dreams at night. While this may not seem like a negative effect at first glance, these intense dreams can wake you up and leave you feeling mentally tired upon waking.
Prolonged use of Andarine can leave you exhausted and drained. While it promotes cell regeneration, Andarine affects your energy levels, leaving you tired during the day despite having a full night’s sleep.
You can try maintaining a balanced diet with plenty of whole grains, vegetables, lean proteins, and fruits. Regular exercise improves blood flow and increases the supply of essential minerals to the body cells. A healthier lifestyle could help you gain your energy back naturally.
Visual Issue At Night
After experiencing fatigue while using Andarine, I also noticed another concerning side effect – visual issues at night. Yellow vision due to Andarine could start with a subtle yellow tint in your vision that becomes more noticeable over time. You could struggle to see clearly in low light conditions and have difficulty adjusting to sudden changes in lighting. Activities like driving at night or going to the movies become challenging.
Andarine (S4) Alternatives
Andalean claims to be a safe and legal alternative to Andarine. According to the manufacturers, it is an all-natural product made in GMP-verified facilities following strict FDA guidelines. Its natural formulation contains clinically proven ingredients that boost muscle growth and promote faster recovery after intense workout sessions.
The makers claim it mimics the Andarine and provides the same benefits without unpleasant side effects. However, its use must be complemented with an appropriate exercise routine and a well-balanced diet that further provides the required nutrients to your muscle cells.
Another option worth considering is thermogenic supplements. These products work by increasing body heat production, which in turn improves metabolism and helps burn more calories throughout the day. Thermogenics often contain ingredients like caffeine, green tea extract, and L-carnitine.
If you prefer a more holistic approach, herbal remedies like forskolin or garcinia cambogia might be suitable alternatives. These natural extracts have been used for centuries in traditional medicine.
By exploring these safer alternatives, you can embark on your weight loss journey while prioritizing your health and legal compliance while striving for optimal results.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any legal alternatives to Andarine?
Andalean by BrutalForce claims to be a legal and safe alternative to Andarine. Makers claim Andalean mimics Andarine’s behavior while providing its benefits without the side effects of SARMs.
- Can everyone use Andarine?No, Andarine is prohibited for human use by the FDA as there is no reliable scientific information regarding its safety in the long run. It is illegal in the US and several other countries as it may have severe side effects.
- Are there any interactions between Andarine and other medications?There is no reliable scientific information regarding the use of Andarine in humans. It is an investigational drug used for research purposes only. It is advisable to consult a trusted healthcare professional before using Andarine.
- What are the potential long-term effects of using Andarine?The potential long-term effects of using Andarine are still unknown due to limited research and lack of evidence. However, like all SARMs, it poses a risk of liver injury, heart attack, and infertility to the consumer.
Youngsters use SARMs like Andarine as a shortcut to gaining a ripped physique, as they misuse its anabolic properties. Older men tend to use it to compensate for the naturally declining testosterone levels to retain their youth.
While these drugs claim to be better than steroids, as they claim to have minimal side effects, the reality is different. FDA, WADA, and several other regulatory authorities forbid using these substances for recreational purposes at all times.
You can explore natural alternatives under the guidance of a trusted healthcare professional to build a healthy and strong physique. Employment of regular exercise and a nutritious diet are fundamental steps toward a happy life.
Rachel has been a freelance medical writer for more than 18 years. She graduated from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville in 2005 and is currently practicing as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at a Level I trauma center.