- What Causes Inner Thigh Fat?
- How To Lose Inner Thigh Fat?
- Workouts To Burn Inner Thigh Fat
- Exercises To Strength Inner Thigh
- Positive Outlook: To Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat
- Final Thoughts
Fat is an essential part of the human body. Not only does it provide energy and help to insulate the organs, but it also helps to protect them from damage. However, where that fat is stored is primarily determined by genetics.
For some people, the thighs are a prime location for storing excess fat. It can be frustrating for those trying to lose weight, as thigh exercises alone will not necessarily lead to weight loss in this area.
They may even cause the thighs to become more prominent as muscle growth occurs under the layer of fat. However, it is essential to remember that inner thigh exercises can still help to tone the muscles and improve overall strength and fitness. In addition, a healthy diet and lifestyle will ultimately be the best way to achieve long-term weight loss.
What Causes Inner Thigh Fat?
There are a few different factors that can contribute to inner thigh fat. First, suppose you have a sedentary lifestyle. In that case, you are more likely to have body fat, including the area around your thighs.
Second, even if you’re active, you may still have genetic factors that make it easier for you to store fat in your inner thighs. Your diet can also play a role; if you eat too many processed and high-fat foods, you’re more likely to have excess body fat, including in your inner thighs.
It could result from unbalanced hormonal changes that may slow your metabolism, further leading to extra fat being stored around your inner thighs. While you cannot change the shape of your inner thighs, you may make positive changes in your diet and lifestyle, which might help ton them down by getting rid of unwanted fat around your inner thighs.
How To Lose Inner Thigh Fat?
To reduce inner thigh fat, you can do a few things. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, add some essential activity to your daily routine. Even just going for a walk every day can make a big difference. If genetics are working against you, targeted exercises focusing on your inner thighs can help tone the muscles and reduce the fat in that area.
Eating a healthy diet is essential for overall health and weight management. Choose lean protein sources, plenty of fruits and vegetables, and whole grains, and limit processed and sugary foods.
You may keep in mind that consuming very few calories could disrupt your metabolism function, and by slowing it down it might become difficult for you to lose weight. Thus, you could try to maintain a healthy calorie deficit by reducing 500-1000 calories from your diet every day. You could consider adding dietary supplements to your schedule to boost your metabolism while dieting. You can say goodbye to those pesky inner thigh fat with a little effort.
Strength training can be an effective tool for revving up the fat loss process in your body as it could help you gain more muscle mass. Thus, if your body develops more muscles, it may tend to burn more calories, ultimately resulting in an increased fat burn.
Switching to workouts that involve lifting weights may help you achieve a toned body with a lesser fat count and may assist you in developing a healthier version of yourself.
Long-Distance Cardio At Slower Pace
Long, slow cardio is a medium-paced workout technique that involves slow and controlled physical activities like gentle hikes in the mountains or slow-distance running that is more focused on building up endurance and not intensity.
These types of cardio involve burning fat as an energy source which may help you lose weight and get leaner with time as their workout intensity could be low and performed in a more controlled manner.
Workouts To Burn Inner Thigh Fat
Running uphill is often seen as a necessary evil by many runners. It is undeniably strenuous and can quickly sap your energy levels if you’re not careful. However, running hills can also be an excellent way to build strength and improve fitness.
Hill training involves walking or running up an incline, such as a small hill or a set of stairs. This exercise forces your legs to work harder, which can help tone and tighten the inner thighs. In addition, hill training helps increase your heart rate and burn more calories, which are essential for weight loss.
A treadmill may be one of the best exercise equipment to slim down your thighs. Treadmill walking and running can help burn calories and tone your legs, mainly if you focus on exercises that target your inner thighs. In addition, the incline feature on most treadmills can help firm up your thigh muscles. To thrive, warm up with a light walk or jog before increasing the speed and incline.
For many people, the inner thighs are a trouble spot when it comes to fat. Even if the rest of your body is slim and toned, you may still struggle with those last few inches on your thighs. If you’re looking for a way to target this area, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) may be the answer.
HIIT is an exercise that alternates between short bursts of intense activity and brief rest periods. This type of exercise is very effective in burning fat and can be done in a relatively short time. Additionally, HIIT is particularly effective at targeting stubborn areas like the inner thighs.
One exercise that is particularly effective at helping to melt away inner thigh fat is cardio. It helps increase your heart rate and burn calories, which can help you lose weight all over your body, including in your inner thighs. Additionally, cardio and fitness programs like Zumba helps to tone your muscles, giving you firmer, more defined thighs.
Exercises To Strength Inner Thigh
Among the most challenging exercises for the inner thigh is the squat. This exercise works on your butt, hamstrings, quadriceps, and inner thighs. To squat, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and extend your hands straight out in front of you.
Do chest up and core engaged, and lower your buttocks toward the floor as if you were going to sit down in a chair. Pause for a count of two, then push back up to the starting position, when your thighs are parallel to the floor. You can also try squats with one leg raised for an added challenge.
Another excellent exercise for toning the inner thighs is the side lunge. To make this move, stand with your feet hip-width apart and place your hands on your hips. Step to the side with one leg, then bend your knee and lower your hips until both legs are bent at 90-degree angles.
Ensure that your knees stay aligned with your toes, and don’t let them collapse inward. Pause for a moment, then back to the starting position and repeat on the other side. Hold dumbbells in each hand while you side lunge for an even more significant challenge.
To perform this exercise proper form and breathing pattern are essential. You need to engage your core while maintaining the chest open and facing forward while the shoulder blades are back and down throughout the movement. To perform this exercise-
- Place a stepper or a box on the floor on one side
- Step on the box with your left foot while the left leg is in an extended position, and bring your right foot up from above the box, crossing to the other side.
- While touching the floor for 2 seconds with your extended right leg, bring your left foot to the starting position on the box.
- Repeat a few times and complete 3-4 sets.
Curtsy lunges target your lower body muscles and can help improve how you perform your leg exercises. They target the gluteus medius and may also strengthen the inner which could support enhancing mobility. It is considered one of the best exercises to target your inner thighs and glutes.
To perform this exercise-
- Start with standing with legs shoulder width apart while keeping the hands at the sides.
- Keep your head tall and shoulders in line with your hips.
- Be mindful of maintaining your chin tucked at all times throughout the movement
- Hold tight on the floor grip so as to develop a firm starting position.
- Brace your core and maintain your shoulder and hip positioning.
- Keep a neutral spine and an upright position, take one step backward while bending your leg in a curtsy position, and create a semi-circle for your front heel using the ball of your back foot.
- Bend knees, hips, and ankles, and keep the front foot in a neutral position
- Keep your pelvis in a neutral position to avoid injury
- To come back to the starting position, push your midfoot and heel while keeping your foot and core engaged throughout the whole movement.
- Repeat the movement as per your strength and perform 10-12 reps on each alternating side.
Wall squats can help in strengthening your overall leg muscles including your glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps. It can also work on your abdominal core muscles while improving your inner thighs. To perform this exercise-
- Stand tall against the wall while keeping your legs at shoulder width apart.
- While walking your feet forward bend in a squat position until your thighs appear parallel to the floor.
- The ankle and knees should be in line with each other, keeping the knees above your ankles.
- Distribute weight evenly across your feet to create a strong holding position.
- Keep your upper body resting against the wall.
- Keep your chin tucked throughout the movement.
- Try to create sufficient tension in your hips and shoulders, while keeping the pelvis slightly tucked during the lowering position.
- Hold onto this wall squat position for 30-60 seconds or as far as your body allows you.
- Finish the wall squat, come to the initial position, and repeat for a few more sets.
Positive Outlook: To Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat
Avoid being overly critical
Be more realistic about how you feel about it. Talk to your close one or the one whom you trust the most and ask them to evaluate it for you.
Appreciate your body features that are attractive other than spending time worrying about fat around specific areas.
Respect your body
Your strong thighs let you lift your groceries up and can allow you to carry your child around in your arms or even take a flight of stairs.
Most people think you must have good genes to have solid and beautiful legs. However, this is not true. With the proper strength training, HIIT, and cardio workouts, anyone can have the legs they have always wanted. Even the most unlikely body transformed into something solid and beautiful with hard work and dedication.
So, next time you’re feeling down about your genetic lottery, remember that you can create the body of your dreams. Combining all three types of workouts, you can achieve beautiful, strong legs that are shapely and toned.