In the News
You can read key media coverage on the Sustainable Food Trade Association below. Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/sustyfoodtrade) for up to the minute news on Sustainable Food Trade Association, our members’ sustainability activities, organic issues and sustainable business.
- 75% of US sustainable food group’s 2015 sales were organic, Sustainable Food News, September 19, 2016
- U.S. organic food industry trade group opens up membership ranks: Sustainable Food Trade Association also makes changes to sustainability reporting requirements, Sustainable Food News,
March 24, 2016
- Beyond Organic – Strong commitment to sustainability through SFTA, Organic Wellness News,
- SFTA and B Lab Offer Sustainability Impact Tool for Organic Companies, prweb.com, September 9, 2015
- New sustainability impact tool aimed at organic companies, Sustainable Food News, September 9, 2015
- Sustainable Practices in the Food Chain, Cooperative Grocer Network, May 2015
- Companies Redefining Sustainability for Long Term Success, Organic Matters, May 27, 2015
- Organic Food Companies & Sustainability: SFTA, The Gourmet Retailer, May 26, 2015
- Organic food industry trade group boosts organic purchases 25%, Sustainable Food News, May 20, 2015
- Influential and Inspirational Women in Sustainability, Green Living Magazine, May 2015
- Sustainability generates substantial cost savings for Stonyfield Farm, Food Navigator-USA, April 27, 2015
- MOM’s Organic Market’s sustainable mission drives business, Food Navigator-USA, April 17, 2015
- Is There a Positive Outlook for Climate Change?, Provender Journal, Spring 2015
- Green Business Procedures Can Save More in the Long Run, Advocates Say, Food Navigator-USA.com, February 24, 2015
- Companies realizing that sustainability issues are here to stay, Phys.org, September 15, 2014
- Company Maximizes Sustainability Practices, The Times Tigard – Tualatin, August 28, 2014
- 11 Companies Making a Green Difference, Organic Matters, May 6, 2014
- Organic Food Firms Target Sustainable Supply Chains, Sustainable Food News, April 23, 2014
- Organic Foods Companies Greening Supply Chains, New Hope 360, April 22, 2014
- Sustainable Food Trade Association Members “Greening” the Supply Chain, Grocery Headquarters, April 22, 2014
- SFTA Releases First Annual Sustainability Report, Grocery Headquarters, March 4, 2013
- Food Producers’ Waste Diversion up 18%, Sustainable Business Oregon, March 4, 2013
- Proudly Supporting the Sustainable Food Trade Association, Just Means, March 4, 2013
- Organic Food Companies Adapting Range of Sustainability, Food Product Design, March 1, 2013
- New Sustainability Metrics for the Organic Industry, Organic Processing Magazine, March/April 2012.
- Organic Industry Honors Brands With Responsible Packaging Awards and Works Together to Create More Sustainable Solutions, Organic Processing Magazine, May/June 2011.
- Growing a More Sustainable Food Trade, Organically (PDF), California Certified Organic Farmers Magazine, Spring 2011.
- Responsible Packaging: Organic Industry Collaboration Leads the Way, Organic Processing Magazine, March/April 2011.
- Our Path to Sustainability: Nature’s Path’s Journey to Take Its Promise to the Planet Beyond Ground Level, Organic Processing Magazine. September/October 2010. (By Jyoti Stephens of Sustainable Food Trade Association member Nature’s Path, discussing their use of Sustainable Food Trade Association’s sustainability management and measurement framework.)
- Steps to Sustainability: It Takes Vision, Cooperative Grocer, 6/2010. (By Annie Hoy of Sustainable Food Trade Association member Ashland Food Cooperative, discussing their use of Sustainable Food Trade Association’s sustainability management and measurement framework.)
- Waste Not (PDF), Supermarket News, 1/2010
- Finding Real Green (PDF), In Good Tilth, 10/2009.
- Industry Group Looks Past Organic, Sustainable Industries Journal, 8/2008.
- Food Trade Sustainability Leadership Association Created, Natural Products Marketplace Insider, 8/2008.
- Organic leaders create Food Trade Sustainability Leadership Association, Portland Business Journal, 8/2008.
- Food Industry Puts Green Initiatives on the Menu, GreenBiz, 8/2008.